Thursday, November 13, 2008

Accident update

I went to the Doctor yesterday and he removed all of my stiches! Yeh! My face looks much better! I wish that I felt the way that I looked I would be doing good!

I got a little frustrated after the Doctor yesterday. He checked my eyes and he said that they didn't look good but they did look better than they did last time he checked them. My vision is just blurry! He also told me that they measure the healing from brain injuries in months not days or weeks. So he said that I would probably be feeling the way I am for 2 months! That was a little hard to hear because I feel like crap! But I have to try to look on the bright side and at least I am not recovering from brain surgery because they thought that was going to be the case and I just have to be thankful that me and my family are still ALIVE! He is making me an appointement with a Dr. at a pain clinic so that they can maybe do something different than just pain pills for my pain. That would be nice I am sick of taking all this medicine, but I can't be without it!
Thank you Aunt Debbie for the packages! This is the girls enjoying their things!
Ryklee absolutly loves this blanky, she won't hardly go anywhere without it! I have to say thank you to everyone that has sent flowers, brought food, sent cards, said prayers and kept us in there thoughts! We appriciate everyone so much!
I love my girls so much! I know this has been hard for them. Remie understands what is going on but she did have a hard time with seeing me the way that I have been. Ryklee on the other hand I don't know if understands and she for quite a while would not have anything to do with me, it is a good thing for her grandma or the little girls would have been so lost. She has started wanting me again and coming to me and that makes it so much easier, that is a hard thing to deal with when your kids won't hardly come to you! I am so thankful for my family and it is so good to have the girls around me all the time they help me keep my mind off of things and they can always make me smile! I love you Remie and Ryklee! Know when ever I get up I have both of them right there grabbing my hands and holding on to me helping me walk! I love it, I don't know what I would do without them, they are my life!

3 comments:

karisadarling said...

You look a lot better. Let just hope you start feeling better soon! You are so lucky to have your mom live close by and be so willing to help.

J.E. said...

I'm so glad to finally find your blog! The address changed on me, but I found it off my feedjit. Anyways, Calie- I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. Thank goodness everyone is OK, I'm sorry you are going through what you are. I know you've got family close by but if you ever need anything, we would be happy to help. Seriously. Dinner? Or taking the girls? If you're ever stuck out of options. Let us know. Hang in there.

Leslie said...

Calie,
I've thought of you and your family so much over the last two weeks and wondered what I could do to help! (I saw your blog from Joann's). I'm sorry to hear the pain is not getting better. I can't quite imagine how you feel. I'd love to come visit. I'll try to get a hold of you soon.
Leslie